Re: LVS-DR setting up as localdirector

To: lvs-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: LVS-DR setting up as localdirector
From: Joseph Mack <mack.joseph@xxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 15 Oct 2002 18:36:05 -0400
Nathan Jang wrote:

> do I have to do any sort of VLAN seperation when useing this LVS-DR?

I don't know what "any sort of VLAN" is, but standard routing as has
been available since the 2.0.x kernels is used.

> currently I am useing the Cisco Localdirector and am looking to change
> to LVS and still retain the same functionality as my current setup (is
> there documentation on how to achieve this?).

there's documentation on setting up LVS-DR which is either close or identical.

  and also would like to
> know in the documentation it looks like you have to have 2 nicks.. is it
> not possible just to send the reply out the same nick to the ip of the
> router?

you can have 1 or 2 nics on the director.
The realservers only need 1 nic

> questions are from the first diagram of this documentation :-)

yes fine.

Joseph Mack PhD, Senior Systems Engineer, SAIC contractor
to the National Environmental Supercomputer Center,