Problems with dummy devices

To: "'lvs-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx'" <lvs-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Problems with dummy devices
From: Torvald Baade Bringsvor <Torvald.Bringsvor@xxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 11 Nov 2002 20:03:28 +0100
Might not be the correct forum, but I guess a lot of you work along theese
lines so...

I have a machine with 10 dummy interfaces, numbered dummy0 to dummy9. This
works very well. The problem is when I try to add number 10. Then I get
various errors, most along the lines of "No such device". Also, when I have
added the dummy module, it seemes to be impossible to remove it! Rmmod
dummy10 for example says "device or resource busy".

I'm really stuck on this one. Any ideas for things worth testing would be
greatly appreciated.

Regards
Torvald Baade Bringsvor
ErgoIntegration AS