ipvs-1.0.7pre1

To: lvs-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: ipvs-1.0.7pre1
From: Wensong Zhang <wensong@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 10 Nov 2002 14:45:04 +0800 (CST)
Hello,

The ipvs-1.0.7pre1 is available for testing. It can be downloaded from
http://www.linuxvirtualserver.org/~wensong/ipvs-1.0.7pre1.tar.gz

The changes are as follows:

        * Fixed the bugs in the do_ip_vs_get_ctl() that return immediately
        without releasing __ip_vs_mutex. Thanks to Kurosawa-san and Horms
        for the finding and patch.

        * Updated Makefile (many changes were contributed by Horms)

        o Back port the Makefile from 1.1.0
        o Remove the unused __SMP__ flags.
        o Derive the release from the kernel source.
        o Set the root of depmod according to $INSTALL_MOD_PATH

        * Julian fixed the problem of chechsum not correct for IP packet
        fragments in the DR or TUN mode. It is because the nf_hook_slow()
        will linearize all the skbs received (checksum is then invalid),
        which is really slow. Before this stopgap is removed, we have to
        update checksum for all the packets in the DR or TUN mode before
        sending them out.

I have to run to catch train to Beijing soon, so don't have time to test
all the changes before releasing it. Please test it if possible. Hope that
we will release 1.0.7 version in a few days.

Thanks,

Wensong