LVS connection sync daemon not multicasting

To: lvs-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: LVS connection sync daemon not multicasting
From: Sean Knox <sean.knox@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 20 Feb 2003 12:37:00 -0800
Hello all,

I've just installed ipvsadm and LVS on a new Debian 3.0 server. Load balancing works fine, however, connection synchronization doesn't; I confirmed this via tcpdump (no sync information being multicast).

My version info:
ipvsadm: v.1.21 (from www.linuxvirtualserver.org)
IPVS: 1.0.4 (also from www.linuxvirtualserver.org).
kernel: 2.4.18
OS: Debian 3.0

non-working ipvsadm -v output:
ipvsadm v1.21 2002/11/12 (compiled with popt and IPVS v1.0.4)

I know multicast is working, as I run keepalived on this server and I see the VRRP multicast messages.

Strangely (or not) enough, connection sync works on another director running older versions of ipvsadm and ipvs (1.20 and 1.0.3, respectively).

Here's the output from ipvsadm from the working director:
ipvsadm v1.20 2001/11/04 (compiled with getopt_long and IPVS v1.0.3)

Am I missing a kernel setting or something else?

Thanks,
Sean