KeepAlived - Running Scripts on Failover

To: lvs-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: KeepAlived - Running Scripts on Failover
From: paul.rogers@xxxxxxxxxx
Date: Fri, 28 Feb 2003 08:57:44 +0000
Dear All

Can any one give some advice on the vrrp_sync_group option for keepalived?

I have two directors and two realservers which all work ok using LVS-DR and
keeplaived, without the use of the above ie with only a single vrrp_instance
VI_1 instance.

What I now wish to do is have the directors re register with our WINS service
(only means of client name resolution within organisation), using either the
DIP or the VIP, by restarting samba with different config scripts depending on
whether the server is going into backup mode or master mode.

I propose to do this as follows

vrrp_sync_group VG1 {
  group {
     VI_1
  }
  notify_master ?/path_to_script/smb restart master?
  notify_backup ?/path_to_script/smb restart backup?
}

Has any one tried this?  Can you foresee any problems?

Am I right in assuming string within the group directive ie VI_1 has to be the
same as that within the vrrp_instance directive?

Will the vrrp_sync_group directive work with only one instance?  If not is
there any other way to get the scripts to run?

Many thanks

Paul

This email and any attachments transmitted with it are confidential
and intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to whom
notify the sender and do not store, copy or disclose the content
to any other person.

It is the responsibility of the recipient to ensure that opening this
message and/or any of its attachments will not adversely affect
its systems. No responsibility is accepted by the Company.