Re: LVS Project Plans - firewall on director box(es)?

Subject: Re: LVS Project Plans - firewall on director box(es)?
From: Joseph Mack <mack.joseph@xxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 28 Mar 2003 06:11:45 -0500
Vinnie wrote:

> Hi everybody,
>

> It looks like it may just be a matter of being careful in which order I
> have packets traverse the chains, and don't get too crazy with the NAT
> PRE/POSTROUTING parts of the firewall script.  But I'm not sure if some
> of the other things mentioned are still a problem or not.

I don't know the ins and outs of the interactions between the LVS netfilter
rules and any firewall rules either. Possibly Julian could figure it all out,
but probably the easiest way to find out is to just try it. I would expect
you are only going to have problems with services that you are LVS'ing and
writing filter rules for at the same time.

Joseph Mack PhD, Senior Systems Engineer, SAIC contractor
to the National Environmental Supercomputer Center,
ph# 919-541-0007, RTP, NC, USA. mailto:mack.joseph@xxxxxxx