Re: Ldirectord request-receive problems

To: lvs-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: Ldirectord request-receive problems
Cc: Kelly Corbin <kcorbin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
From: Horms <horms@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 18 Apr 2003 12:04:47 +0900
On Thu, Apr 17, 2003 at 05:49:24PM -0500, Kelly Corbin wrote:
> Ldirectord seems to be ignoring my request/receive strings.  Even if I
> set a non-existent page as the request string, the web server is still
> in the rotation.  If I shut down apache on the machine, it gets removed
> from the listing, however.  I'm using ldirectord ver. 1.62 and here is
> my configuration:
>
> checktimeout = 2
> checkinterval = 5
> autoreload = yes
> quiescent = yes
> virtual = xxx.xxx.xxx.249:80
>         real = myserver1.mydomain.com:80 gate 2 "/test.html" "alive"
>         real = myserver2.mydomain.com:80 gate 2 "/test.html" "alive"
>         real = myserver3.mydomain.com:80 gate 2 "/test.html" "alive"
>         real = myserver4.mydomain.com:80 gate 2 "/test.html" "alive"
>         service = http
>         protocol = tcp
>         scheduler = wlc
>         checktype = negotiate
>
> It seems to virtually ignore whatever I put for either the request or
> receive strings and only be doing a connect test.
>
> Ideas?  Am I missing something here?

Hi Kelly,

thanks for bringing this to my attention.
The quick answer to your problem is that there should be a comma (,)
between the request and recieve strings.

e.g.

        real = myserver1.mydomain.com:80 gate 2 "/test.html", "alive"

However, this really is quite confusing. The attached patch, which
I will put into CVS and should appear in the next release changes a
couple of things.

Firstly it tries a lot harder to report errors in real server
lines in the ldirectord.cf. In particular syntax errors after
the forwarding mechanism (in this case gate).

It also makes the comma optional.

--
Horms