Ldirectord request-receive problems

To: lvs-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Ldirectord request-receive problems
From: Kelly Corbin <kcorbin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 17 Apr 2003 17:49:24 -0500
Ldirectord seems to be ignoring my request/receive strings. Even if I set a non-existent page as the request string, the web server is still in the rotation. If I shut down apache on the machine, it gets removed from the listing, however. I'm using ldirectord ver. 1.62 and here is my configuration:

checktimeout = 2
checkinterval = 5
autoreload = yes
quiescent = yes
virtual = xxx.xxx.xxx.249:80
        real = myserver1.mydomain.com:80 gate 2 "/test.html" "alive"
        real = myserver2.mydomain.com:80 gate 2 "/test.html" "alive"
        real = myserver3.mydomain.com:80 gate 2 "/test.html" "alive"
        real = myserver4.mydomain.com:80 gate 2 "/test.html" "alive"
        service = http
        protocol = tcp
        scheduler = wlc
        checktype = negotiate

It seems to virtually ignore whatever I put for either the request or receive strings and only be doing a connect test.

Ideas?  Am I missing something here?

Thanks all!

Kelly

-- Kelly Corbin