VIP and RIP server labels for dummies like me ?

Subject: VIP and RIP server labels for dummies like me ?
From: Malcolm Turnbull <Malcolm.Turnbull@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 23 Apr 2003 16:06:38 +0100

If you have several VIPs and RIPs it would be nice to be able to label them for use in reports etc.

I've bastardised the ldirectord.cf file slightly so my web based interface knows the nice label for servers like so :

virtual=10.0.0.198:80 Funky_Duck
        real=10.0.0.105:80 gate 1 Duck1
        real=10.0.0.106:80 gate 2 Duck2

And I don't need the feature in LVS but others might like the idea of being able to label the VIPs/RIPs so that ipvsadm -Ln shows label + ip address.

Or should I stop being daft and use local DNS lookup with ipvsadm -L ?

Assuming that I carry on being daft, how should I make standard ldirectord ignore the per real server request & receive strings ?

i.e. either :
        real=10.0.0.105:80 gate 1 "request,receive" Duck1
or :
        real=10.0.0.106:80 gate 2 "request" "receive" Duck2

can I do :

        real=10.0.0.106:80 gate 2 "" "" Duck2

to makeit use the global req/rec strings ?

My web based interfacce is fairly customised to my own requirements at the moment, but I'm gradually ,making it a bit more portable so others can use it. You can try it at your own risk here :
http://www.loadbalancer.org/modules.php?name=Downloads
and its GPL of course.

--

Regards,