Re: Missing Nomenclature

Subject: Re: Missing Nomenclature
From: pb <peterbaitz@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 23 Apr 2003 09:09:43 -0700 (PDT)
--- Carl <lists@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> -----+--------------+------
>      | a,VIP        | b,(VIP)
> +----------+  +----------+
> |  master  |__|  standby |
> | director |  | director |
> +----------+  +----------+
       | c            |d

> What are the names for the
> primary IPs that the
> directors have on their outbound interfaces (a and b
> in the diagram)?

Not sure what you are looking for exactly, or even if
this will be completely correct, but

a = b = LVS public VIP address(es) on eth0:1, eth1:1,
etc. (there can be more than 1).

The public LVS VIP address(es) fail(s) over between
the two directors per hearbeat.  So does the NAT
Router VIP address (on eth1:1) (if you're using NAT)
on the private side network (c and d).

The eth0 and eth1 physical ethernet devices with IP
addresses are just Host Addresses.

Somebody correct me if I am miserably incorrect.