Re: Missing Nomenclature

To: Joseph Mack <mack.joseph@xxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: Missing Nomenclature
From: Carl <lists@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 23 Apr 2003 12:56:50 -0400

On Wednesday April 23 2003 12:36, Joseph Mack wrote:
> sometimes it's hard to come up with a good name for a concept that isn't
> used a whole lot. (there's also some not-so-great names for concepts
> that are used a lot).

Yes, this beginning to feel like TLA hell...

> The IPs on the outside of the directors, other than the VIP(s),
> are not involved in the working of an LVS, and neither the LVS
> administrator, nor the client needs to know about them.

Not part of LVS except in the sense that they are the addresses for
management. In my case, the LVS admin is the same as the sysadmin (and
network admin, cable puller, coffee maker, etc., etc. ^_^). Aren't they also
the interfaces that the heartbeat broadcasts are picked up on? I guess
heartbeat isn't technically part of LVS.

> Do you have suggestions as to their name?
> (As their discoverer, your naming suggestions
> will be given highest consideration when the LVS
> nomenclature committee holds its next meeting.)

Oh, great, here's my punishment. :-) I liked Peter's suggestion of PuIP and
PrIP. At least he introduces lower case letters...