Re: User base

Subject: Re: User base
From: Joseph Mack <mack.joseph@xxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 24 Apr 2003 13:19:40 -0400
Teresa Harriott wrote:

> We are considering LVS and would like to get an idea of some of the other
> companies that are using LVS in production environments.

Maybe some people know the identities of companies here.

We don't have much of an idea of the companies using LVS.
We see people posting from *.com and hopefully we solve
their problems, but we never hear back that company X is now
using LVS. I assume they want to keep their internal setup
to themselves. So that people won't feel intruded upon
when asking questions, we don't ask them what they're doing
with LVS. People on this list who've helped install LVS
(eg with VA Linux on all the clusters they sold), are usually
required to keep their customer's setup confidential.

Joseph Mack PhD, Senior Systems Engineer, SAIC contractor
to the National Environmental Supercomputer Center,
ph# 919-541-0007, RTP, NC, USA. mailto:mack.joseph@xxxxxxx