Re: Offtopic : WAS { RE: Net::SSLeay Won't Compile on RH9}

To: lvs-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: Offtopic : WAS { RE: Net::SSLeay Won't Compile on RH9}
From: Horms <horms@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 22 May 2003 15:20:56 +0900
On Wed, May 21, 2003 at 11:29:25AM -0700, Peter Mueller wrote:
> Horms (or anyone on list),
>
> > On Wed, May 21, 2003 at 08:30:52PM +1000, James Bourne wrote:
> > > I had already tried the so called fix and my compile still
> > fell over ...
> > > still investigating :(
> >
> > Ok. Sounds like we definately need to make a package for
> > this available. Let me know how you go.
>
> What is the deal with the RedHat version numbering these days?  Is RH9 back
> to the standard 'bleeding edge' version, and RH9.2 will be released in 1
> year or so and worth investigating putting on servers?

As you asked me directly: I have no idea.  I am always pretty skeptical
about RedHat's releases.  They seem to like to spin out releases really
quickly.  Possibly to make it difficult for people to keep their
packages up to date. Perhaps I am just a skeptopotomus.

In any case, I have not played with 9.0 yet and am trying
to avoid it until there is really some demand for packages.

--
Horms