Re: MySQL

Subject: Re: MySQL
From: Joseph Mack <mack.joseph@xxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 09 Jun 2003 14:32:30 -0400
Can you not post with html, my mail client can read it but not reply to it.

Sorry, I was expecting something like "dude: this doesn't works with mysql" :).

you already know from the HOWTO that it does.

This is my config (trying to keep things as simple as possible):

Director:
eth0: 10.0.0.1
eth1: 192.168.0.23
eth0:110 192.168.0.24

Server1: 10.0.0.3
Server2: 10.0.0.4

ipvsadm -A -t 192.168.0.24:3306
ipvsadm -a -t 192.168.0.24:3306 -r 10.0.0.3 -m -w 5

tried:
telnet from the director machine to 10.0.0.3:3306 works fine. (a blank screen,
but that's expected).

I meant telnet as in port 23.

telnet from the director to 192.168.0.24:3306. "connection refused".

read the HOWTO about connecting from the director.

I have the same configuration for apache web server and it's working great.
Also, I think I have tested all the configuration
options for ipvs (round robin, persistent, etc). without
results.

Now, if anyone has ipvs working with mysql. I would appreciate a little help
(in fact, I would appreciate a how to!!! :)

it's on the LVS website.

Joseph Mack PhD, Senior Systems Engineer, SAIC contractor
to the National Environmental Supercomputer Center,
ph# 919-541-0007, RTP, NC, USA. mailto:mack.joseph@xxxxxxx