Re: Not accepting connections from one real server to another.

Subject: Re: Not accepting connections from one real server to another.
From: Joseph Mack <mack.joseph@xxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 11 Jun 2003 07:57:02 -0400
Matthew Crocker wrote:

> With LVS-NAT you CANNOT connect from one machine behind the director to
> another machine behind the director by going through the director.

Never say "never" in this business. Julian figured out how to do it

http://www.linuxvirtualserver.org/Joseph.Mack/HOWTO/LVS-HOWTO.LVS-NAT.html#clients_on_realserver_contacting_services_on_VIP

(I'll update the mini-HOWTO where it says you can't do this)
---------

BTW can people edit their replies please.

There was all of 8 levels of previous replies being reposted
to the mailing list (and archiving machine) in the post I was replying to.

Joseph Mack PhD, Senior Systems Engineer, SAIC contractor
to the National Environmental Supercomputer Center,
ph# 919-541-0007, RTP, NC, USA. mailto:mack.joseph@xxxxxxx