Re: Load Balancing NFS

To: sguercio@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx,<lvs-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: Load Balancing NFS
From: Joseph Mack <mack.joseph@xxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 12 Jun 2003 06:54:15 -0400
"Salvatore J. Guercio Jr." wrote:

> The realservers are each connected to an IBM FastT500 fibre channel SAN
> and I need to export a filesystem on this SAN to 4 clients. The
> filesystem on the SAN will be GPFS or some parallel filesystem. Has
> anyone set up ldirectord to export NFS filesystems?

Just a sanity check here...
Do you understand the problems of exporting NFS via LVS (see the HOWTO)?
Are these problems going to affect you (if not, this would be
useful for us to know).
I assume this setup will handle write locking etc.

For my information, how is LVS going to help here?
Is it increasing throughput to disk?.

I didn't need to do anything special to mount NFS disks via
LVS.

Joseph Mack PhD, Senior Systems Engineer, SAIC contractor
to the National Environmental Supercomputer Center,
ph# 919-541-0007, RTP, NC, USA. mailto:mack.joseph@xxxxxxx