Re: IP aliasing

Subject: Re: IP aliasing
From: Joseph Mack <mack.joseph@xxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 18 Jun 2003 10:48:44 -0400
Ravi Kumar Munnangi wrote:

> I want to give more than one IP addresses to my NIC.
> For this we have to enable the feature of IP alias
> when configuring the kernel and recompile it.

This is a standard networking question and you
need to understand networking before starting with LVS.

Unfortunately ip aliasing etc are from 2.0 and 2.2 kernel
networking and are deprecated in the 2.4 kernels.
Presumably they will be dropped in 2.6. They are
being replaced by the much more difficult to use
policy routing tools eg iproute2

Joseph Mack PhD, Senior Systems Engineer, SAIC contractor
to the National Environmental Supercomputer Center,
ph# 919-541-0007, RTP, NC, USA. mailto:mack.joseph@xxxxxxx