Re: IP aliasing

Subject: Re: IP aliasing
From: Joseph Mack <mack.joseph@xxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 22 Jun 2003 11:50:20 -0400
Roberto Nibali wrote:

> Also you neglected to mention that with ip
> you have _one_ single tool to handle arp, ip and routing, whereas in the
> old days you'd need three tools (arp, ifconfig, route).

When I had just started learning German, in my younger days, a lengthy phrase
(can't remember, let's say it was "over the hill and far away")
was put on the board in English. The teacher then said "The Germans
have a single word for this". I slapped my forehead thinking that
I had the bad luck of being born in a country with a badly
constructed language.

She turned back to the board and wrote

"uberderhillundfaraway"

Joseph Mack PhD, Senior Systems Engineer, SAIC contractor
to the National Environmental Supercomputer Center,
ph# 919-541-0007, RTP, NC, USA. mailto:mack.joseph@xxxxxxx