binding 2 persistence rules/routes...

Subject: binding 2 persistence rules/routes...
From: "Joao Clemente" <jpcl@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 24 Jun 2003 21:53:50 +0100
I've been talking with the developer of the j2ee app I'm trying to cluster,
and I guess I'll have a hard time with this feature:

After a user interaction with the web server, the user will dowload a
applet. That applet will comunicate with a service (in a well-known port)
that was started in the server (at that time).

So,  I see this problem coming:
At instance1:
 Node1 gets the user http request, returns the html page, the applet, and
creates the service.
 Node2 knows nothing about this.

At instance2:
 Applet connects to port xxx, gets round-robin to node2... bad... very
bad...

No matter what persistency rules I setup here, as I have 2 different ports
(80 and xxx) I see no way to say
"when user interacts with server, set persistency rule for yyy time that
maps user:80 to node1:80 AND ALSO user:whatever to node1:xxx"

Besides that, I also have another question: That service that is listening
in the server node will then give the connection to another instance, that
will control the connection from there on (there is a pool of instances
waiting to take over).
Will lvs route those connections, that it doesnt even know of?
I'm not sure, but this mechanism seems something similar to a passive-ftp
connection...

Maybe someone know a lvs-friendly tip to make things work. Btw, this applet
and the connection is used to allow
server->browser communication without using http refresh/pooling.