AW: lvs+keepalived

Subject: AW: lvs+keepalived
Cc: Keepalived-Devel List <keepalived-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
From: Matthias Krauss <MKrauss@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 24 Jun 2003 18:31:33 +0200
Hello Alexandre,Hello LVS List
i'm confused about setting up keepalived, configure shows me

Keepalived version       : 1.0.3
Compiler                 : gcc
Compiler flags           : -g -O2 -I/usr/src/linux/include
Extra Lib                : -lpopt -lssl -lcrypto
Use IPVS Framework       : No
IPVS sync daemon support : No
Use VRRP Framework       : Yes
Use CI_LINUX Framework   : No
Use Debug flags          : No

I tried this on several host (test+prods) version are between
1.0.7 and 1.0.9 on Kernels 2418-21, all of them are reporting:
"Use IPVS Framework       : No"
i patched my kernels accordng to the readme by doing:

To build the ipvs within the kernel, you need do the following commands:
cd /usr/src/linux
cat <path-name>/linux_kernel_ksyms_c.diff | patch -p1
cat <path-name>/linux_net_netsyms_c.diff | patch -p1
cat <path-name>/linux_net_Makefile.diff | patch -p1
cat <path-name>/linux_net_ipv4_Config_in.diff | patch -p1
cat <path-name>/linux_ip_fw_compat_c.diff | patch -p1
cp -rp <path-name>/ipvs net/ipv4
mv net/ipv4/ipvs/linux_net_ipv4_ipvs_Makefile net/ipv4/ipvs/Makefile

what the ... i'm doing wrong ??
Many thanks

Matthias