ldiirectord processes hanging

Subject: ldiirectord processes hanging
From: Torvald Baade Bringsvor <Torvald.Bringsvor@xxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 27 Jun 2003 18:47:16 +0200
Hello.

We have a LVS cluster using ldirectord and heartbeat. This has been working
ok, but I have one problem: when we do a failover from primary to secondary
node and back again, the ldirectord processes on the secondary node aren't
shut down. I think this behaviour started after the upgrade to Heartbeat
1.0.2, but I am not sure. We are using IPVS 1.0.9 in case that matters.

Have you got any suggestions as to what might be the problem here?

Also we have seen a couple of times that the secondary node ARP's one of the
virtual addresses, but it doesn't have an interface for the address (the
other node has), herefore the service is unavailable. Have any of you seen
this one?

-Torvald