Re: LVS-NAT: Block Clients From Direct Access To Realservers

To: m.irwan.jamaluddin2k@xxxxxxxxxx, <lvs-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: LVS-NAT: Block Clients From Direct Access To Realservers
From: Joseph Mack <mack.joseph@xxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 08 Jul 2003 07:18:25 -0400
Mohd Irwan Bin Jamaluddin wrote:

> Still, any clients from everywhere can access the realserver directly.

I didn't read your original posting properly. Sorry. One of the features
of the one-network LVS-NAT setup is that the clients can connect to the
realservers.

To stop this you'll have to put in filter rules somewhere. Sitting here,
I thought of 3 schemes for filtering at the realserver, that I quickly
realised wouldn't work, so it's not simple.

I take it that you can't/don't want to setup with the RIPs on another
network (eg 192.168.x.x) that you don't allow the clients to route to?
You could still use one NIC on the director and have either LVS-DR or LVS-NAT.

SAIC, Supporting the EPA Research Triangle Park, NC 919-541-0007
Federal Contact - John B. Smith 919-541-1087 - smith.johnb@xxxxxxx