Re: connection delay/limit

To: Joseph Mack <mack.joseph@xxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: connection delay/limit
From: Konrads.Smelkovs@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Tue, 8 Jul 2003 12:53:28 +0300
If i understand it right, LDAP is a simple TCP service. Usually, after
performing an initial connection and query it idles there and reuses the
connection. Perhaps you could suggest some more tests?

--
Yay! I've got a flying machine! (UNIX)

Joseph Mack <mack.joseph@xxxxxxx>
Sent by: mack@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
2003.07.07 14:24

<lvs-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, Konrads.Smelkovs@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
        cc:

Konrads.Smelkovs@xxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

> There are three nodes which run openldap 2.0 series and are loadbalanced
> trough the LVS via DR and sched is wlc, not persistant. I have noticed
> that
> when going trough the loadbalancer the nodes do not always reply, while
if
> issuing requests directly,

it would be nice to get this figured out. If ldap requires multiple tcpip
exchanges
to deliver the information, you'll get this sort of response. Try it with
persistance.

SAIC, Supporting the EPA Research Triangle Park, NC 919-541-0007
Federal Contact - John B. Smith 919-541-1087 - smith.johnb@xxxxxxx