Re: Whats the deal with LVS using IP TUN? Is it usefull at all? Plsread

Subject: Re: Whats the deal with LVS using IP TUN? Is it usefull at all? Plsreadthis.
From: Joseph Mack <mack.joseph@xxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 15 Jul 2003 07:11:34 -0400
Viperman wrote:

>  I tried to use LVS to make a load balancer using servers in different
> places
> and networks, so I used IP TUN for that.
>     I'm facing all kind of problems to make this work and now it seems that
> my provider won't allow spoofing ips and that makes the LVS not work.

yes it's a requirement

>     Also I heard that almost all providers won't allow this kind of stuff.
> Does anyone knows about that? Is this true that most of the providers
>     will not allow what is needed to make LVS IP TUN works?

not many people need LVS-Tun. The provider sets up his rules to include
or exclude whatever he wants. If a customer needs to ship packets with
src_addr=VIP:port, for legitimate reasons, then the provider should allow it.
It's the providers job to help you with your work.
If the provider won't help you with your work, you don't use that provider.

SAIC, Supporting the EPA Research Triangle Park, NC 919-541-0007
Federal Contact - John B. Smith 919-541-1087 - smith.johnb@xxxxxxx