Re: noarp module

Subject: Re: noarp module
From: Sébastien Bonnet <Sebastien.Bonnet@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 29 Jul 2003 15:21:52 +0200
> Probably a FAQ, but havent found anything on the subject so here goes....

Joe was supposed to add this into his HowTo a while ago. Don't know if
he's done it :(

> Have any of you been using the noarp module (www.masarlabs.com/noarp) ?

Yes, we do. It's been in production in two clusters for more than a year
now. Works perfectly.

> Up until now we have been using the hidden patch (by Julian) but would
> really like to be able to use standard kernels.

That's really a good alternative as it doesn't require a kernel build.
Takes about 1 minute to get it installed and working. And it's more
powerful than Julian's hidden patch because you can hide IPs (and not
just all IPs related to a given interface). It's really worth a try :)

Regards,

--
Sébastien Bonnet
  Centre de contacts - Experian France