Re: AW: persistence-check and timeout

Subject: Re: AW: persistence-check and timeout
From: Roberto Nibali <ratz@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 07 Sep 2003 23:00:10 +0200
Hi,

It might help, yes. I'm actually doing some test conducts an persistent based counters to use in conjunction with RS thresholds.
Same as I do. But I need to do more tests. I thought, the (indirect)
trick could be, to set lower-threshold to a value closely to the
minimum needs (one connection), to prioritise all empty servers.

or dynamically adjust it, however there are two entry points to calculate sessions.

a) active + passive per TIP
b) persistent entry per RIP

a) is already implemented and I'm going to do b) as part of my semester work. Actually I've already done most of the code ;).

Btw: for testing purposes ist would be fine, to be able to zero all persistence-templates.

You mean to set the timeout to zero or to flush the persistence templates? What you could do is to reduce the masquerading timeouts for TCP/FIN to a minimal value or you take the respective service templates out and insert them again, with the expire_nodest_conn flag set to 1 in proc-fs.

Grüße in die Schweiz!

Danke, obwohl ich nicht so oft in der Schweiz bin im Moment, da es mir wieder langsam zu kalt wird ;). Gruesse zurueck nach Deutschland!

Best regards,
Roberto Nibali, ratz
--
echo '[q]sa[ln0=aln256%Pln256/snlbx]sb3135071790101768542287578439snlbxq'|dc