Re: java applet throws exceptions when in LVS

To: florian.rommel@xxxxxxxxxxx,<lvs-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: java applet throws exceptions when in LVS
From: Magnus Nordseth <magnun@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 9 Sep 2003 12:31:37 +0200
Florian Rommel:
> When i use one of them (srv1) alone, it works just fine,
> no problems at all. if i add srv2 i get exception errors about unknown
> source. if i use srv2 alone i get the same exception.. I duplicated the
> configuration to both servers and made sure there is nothign else
> there.however it seems to only affect srv2.

First you could try removing all byte compiled java files on both
servers. Then make sure both have identical java sources. If the servlets
provides some sort of session management you can run into trouble if you
get routed to different server on each request. You can use persistence to
get around this.

It has been a while since I looked at resin, but I remeber that it provides
loadbalanceing. I guess it will help you with problems related to sessions.

--
Magnus Nordseth