[no subject]

To: lvs-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
From: "Jason Rimmer" <jrimmer@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 25 Sep 2003 10:54:09 -0400
I am attempting to setup a one-nic-two-network single
director lvs_nat using telnet as directed in the
howto/mini-howto, but have run into problems that I'm
unable to resolve.

Director:
Linux client 2.4.21 #10 Fri Sep 19 12:29:32 EDT 2003 i686
i686 i386 GNU/Linux
ipvsadm v1.21 2002/11/12 (compiled with popt and IPVS
v1.0.10)

Realservers:
Win2K, SP3.  I'm unclear on exactly how to setup the
Loopback.  The HowTo refers to the installation but doesn't
specifically address the configuration.  I've set the
loopback address to the VIP, the mask to 255.255.255.255,
and Interface Metric to 254, and while it's not explicitly
addressed in the HowTo I've found reference to setting the
gateway to the DIP which I've tried both set and unset.

Here's my setup:

           CIP=172.20.16.23

        VIP=eth1:110 172.20.18.11
        DIP=eth1:0 172.20.16.10

         -------------------
         |                 |
         |                 |
  RS1= 172.20.18.12  RS2= 172.20.18.13

The contents of my /etc/hosts file:

#VIP
172.20.18.11   lvs
#DIP
172.20.16.10   dip
# CIP
172.20.16.23   client
# RIPs
172.20.18.12   RS1
172.20.18.13   RS2

The output of ipvsadmin after running the generated lvs
script:
Prot LocalAddress:Port Scheduler Flags
  -> RemoteAddress:Port           Forward Weight ActiveConn
InActConn
TCP  lvs:telnet rr
  -> RS2:telnet                   Masq    1      0
         0
  -> RS1:telnet                   Masq    1      0
         0
TCP  lvs:http rr
  -> RS2:http                     Masq    1      0
         0
  -> RS1:http                     Masq    1      0
         0

I'm using the standard lvs_nat.conf.one_NIC_one_network
file.

I cannot telnet nor ping from the CIP or DIP to the RIP
with the loopback activated. Once deactivated I can ping
but not connect via telnet nor HTTP through the VIP.

Any ideas what I'm doing wrong, or ... I can't imagine my
proposed setup is unique; perhaps someone could provide a
little detail on how they accomplised the configuration?

Thanks for your assistance..

---
Jason Rimmer
jrimmer@xxxxxxxx