Re: LVS in DirectRouting Mode Question

To: "Frankie Gravato" <lvsmaillist@xxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: LVS in DirectRouting Mode Question
Cc: lvs-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
From: Matthew Crocker <matthew@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 8 Oct 2003 11:42:05 -0400

On Wednesday, October 8, 2003, at 11:31 AM, Frankie Gravato wrote:

Hi Matt,

  I'm still unsure what you mean by this? Does it mean that for example my lvs-dr which would be example www.slingo.com and my Rips would be www1 www2 www3
so if user typed in www3.slingo.com they are able to go directly is what your indicating?

Yes.

If www.slingo.com is 12.34.56.78 and is the VIP of your LVS system running LVS-DR, And your real servers have real IP addresses (12.34.56.79, 12.34.56.80 etc) then people could connect directly to the real servers. You could put a packet filter at the router to stop this or filter rules on the real servers. You could also setup Apache on the real servers to only accept connections on the VIP (12.34.56.78)

-Matt