Re: LVS in DirectRouting Mode Question

To: lvs-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: LVS in DirectRouting Mode Question
From: Horms <horms@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 8 Oct 2003 23:50:41 +0900
On Wed, Oct 08, 2003 at 08:07:06AM -0400, Frankie Gravato wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Not sure if this has been mention on the list. I'm planning on using
> Lvs in Direct Routing Mode. Will I be required to use RFC 1631 ip
> address or could I use my standard public ips address provided by my
> upstream provider. Any insight will be greatly appreciated.

I am assuming that you mean RFC1918 addresses as opposed to using
NAT which is outlined in RFC1631.

Yes, you can use private address space and LVS-DR.
But I would stronly recommend seting up LVS-DR
with Real Servers and the VIP on the same network first.
So you can get a feel for how things work and how to
troubleshoot problems.

--
Horms