RE: LVS how can i limit the max connections?

Subject: RE: LVS how can i limit the max connections?
From: Peter Mueller <pmueller@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 15 Oct 2003 13:28:49 -0700
> How can it limit the maximun connections that the director
> accepts to the cluster?
>
> I can configure the weight, but this is a relative value. I
> need to set a value that can limit the total connections in
> the cluster.

How about using Apache to do this?

# prefork MPM
# StartServers: number of server processes to start
# MinSpareServers: minimum number of server processes which are kept spare
# MaxSpareServers: maximum number of server processes which are kept spare
# MaxClients: maximum number of server processes allowed to start
# MaxRequestsPerChild: maximum number of requests a server process serves
<IfModule prefork.c>
ServerLimit           1024
StartServers            25
MinSpareServers         15