Re: How to handle SSL traffic

Subject: Re: How to handle SSL traffic
From: pb <peterbaitz@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 15 Oct 2003 14:43:26 -0700 (PDT)
Kenton,

Where I work we use Piranha (Red Hat's spin of LVS)
and regarding SSL, we let the real servers do the SSL
work.

No sense busying the LB with processing the SSL, and
even if you wanted to, you would look to SSL
Accelerators, which we have not implemented, though we
looked at the technology theoretically speaking - but
you also get into what service(s) you are using SSL
for, webmail, web sites, etc.

Better to let the real servers handle the SSL... you
can always add more real servers if SSL processing
bogs them down by some fraction.

Peter