lvs-dr + Red Hat 9

To: <lvs-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: lvs-dr + Red Hat 9
From: "Alan Murrell" <alan@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 18 Oct 2003 18:15:41 -0700
Hello,

My apologies as this is really more of a Red Hat issue, but I was thinking that
someone here may have come across this issue, and was able to resolve it
(though i did not see anything int he archives).

I am attempting to setup lvs-dr on a Red Hat 9 server.  I have downloaded the
Red Hat kernel RPM with the "hidden" patch applied from
http://www.nrh-up2date.org/howto/lvs/packages/, and am booted into it.
Unfortunately, I am unable to do the folloeing:

  # echo "1" > /proc/sys/net/ipv4/conf/all/hidden
  # echo "1" > /proc/sys/net/ipv4/conf/lo/hidden

because, of course,t he files do not exist.  I am unable to create the files,
because the directories are not writeable.  I am able to make /proc writeable,
but attemptes to make further directories in the heirarchy writeable (e.g.,
'chmod 755 /proc/sys') results int he following error:

chmod: changing permissions of `sys' (requested: 0755, actual: 0555): Operation
not permitted

even though I am logged in as root.  Any help and/or insight into this issue is
greatly appreciated.

Sincerely,

Alan Murrell <alan@xxxxxxxxxxx>