Re: lvs-dr + Red Hat 9

Subject: Re: lvs-dr + Red Hat 9
From: Horms <horms@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 19 Oct 2003 14:02:48 +0900
On Sat, Oct 18, 2003 at 06:15:41PM -0700, Alan Murrell wrote:
> Hello,
>
> My apologies as this is really more of a Red Hat issue, but I was thinking
> that someone here may have come across this issue, and was able to resolve it
> (though i did not see anything int he archives).
>
> I am attempting to setup lvs-dr on a Red Hat 9 server.  I have downloaded the
> Red Hat kernel RPM with the "hidden" patch applied from
> http://www.nrh-up2date.org/howto/lvs/packages/, and am booted into it.
> Unfortunately, I am unable to do the folloeing:
>
>   # echo "1" > /proc/sys/net/ipv4/conf/all/hidden
>   # echo "1" > /proc/sys/net/ipv4/conf/lo/hidden
>
> because, of course,t he files do not exist.  I am unable to create the files,
> because the directories are not writeable.  I am able to make /proc
> writeable, but attemptes to make further directories in the heirarchy
> writeable (e.g., 'chmod 755 /proc/sys') results int he following error:

Most likely because the kernel doesn't have the hidden
interface patch. You can fine it on Jullians page linked
from linuxvirtualserver.org.

Alternatively there are kernels on ultramonkey.org with
this patch. They are the Red Hat kernel packages
rebuilt with LVS and the hidden interface patch.

--
Horms