Re: How to handle SSL traffic

Subject: Re: How to handle SSL traffic
From: Malcolm Turnbull <Malcolm@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 22 Oct 2003 19:29:57 +0100

Why?  You only need a certificate per domain.  You should be able to copy it
to as many servers as you want.  I had a SSL IPs load balanced using LVS-TUN
with two computers, using the same certificate, and nothing complained about
the certificate.

Me too, and it only took 2 years for me to realise that I was breaking the licence/law... verisign et al have clauses in their contracts stating that you cant use a cert on more than one web server unless you pay for a multiple use licence...

Sucks I know so I tend to ignore it.

--
Regards,

Malcolm Turnbull