A question on smtp service with LVS

To: lvs-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: A question on smtp service with LVS
From: ".::. Viperman .::." <viperman77@xxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 04 Nov 2003 23:28:04 -0200
Hello Everyone,

I'm successfully running LVS with TUN with servers in different networks and
different countries.
Everything is great since I can balance my load and keep all sites up all
the time and at the same time I hide my real servers ips so nobody attack
them. Thats great.

My question is: I'm successfully running LVS on http, ftp, dns and nearly
everything. Now when I tried to do the same to smpt protocol, I got a
surprise. On the same server I have LVS with TUN running just fine for both
http and dns, and I do the same for smtp (port 25), my real server ip
appears on all messages, revealing the real server ip, so this is a
potential brench for an attacker.

Anyone knows if its some kind of problem within my config or its just usual?

Thanks,

Viperman

Compare high-speed Internet plans, starting at $26.95. https://broadband.msn.com (Prices may vary by service area.)