Re: Using LVS for servers on same subnet with real serverslistening on d

Subject: Re: Using LVS for servers on same subnet with real serverslistening on different ports
From: Bruno Vincent <bruno.vincent@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 05 Nov 2003 19:06:46 +0100
Hi,

i have just read this thread and i must confess i get really scared: I actually defined an architecture i have to implement now and i am wondering wether everything i designed is wrong!

I want to use a LVS-NAT director that load balances HTTP requests between two web server instances that are hosted on the same physical machine (which is a Solaris one). So i want to balance between RIP:80 and RIP:8080. As far as i can read, it just cannot work.

Maybe i have a solution: if i set up a virtual IP on my realserver and then load balance between Real_Server_Real_IP and Real_Server_Virtual_IP do you think it can work ??

Many thanks,

Bruno