Re: Using LVS for servers on same subnet with real serverslistening ondi

Subject: Re: Using LVS for servers on same subnet with real serverslistening ondifferent ports
From: Alan Knipmeyer <aknipmeyer@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: 06 Nov 2003 10:34:39 +1100
You will need to patch your director and use then use FW mark  so the
kernel can do the necessary port address translation and ipvs can pick
up on the FWMARK.

Get the kernel patch for 2.4.22 here :-

http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=linux-virtual-server&m=106287254223964&w=2

Thanks to Julian Anastasov for the patch.

If you doing NAT, than PAT to a host on a different subnet isn't a
problem.

Re,

Al.

--
aknipmeyer@xxxxxxxxxxxxx | Systems Architect
Level 5/388 Lonsdale Street,Melbourne,Victoria, 3000