Graphing connections with RRDTool and ucd-snmp

Subject: Graphing connections with RRDTool and ucd-snmp
From: "Francois JEANMOUGIN" <Francois.JEANMOUGIN@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 21 Nov 2003 08:57:38 +0100

I try to use ucd-snmp-lvs modules and MIBs to produce data for my (now quite
complicated) LVS (10 RS, 6 services, 2 nodes per service). First of all, the
MIBs do not report active/inactive connections, so I will have to do lot to
adapt Salvatore work (and integrate it in Nagios).

Second, a possible bug. When I reload keepalived (it happens each time the
developers redeploy their wars in the tomcat applications), the ucd-snmpd
daemon hang. It does not answer any more (timeout connection).

One big question is : If I use snmp, is more or less ressopurce consuming than
parsing ipvsadm with awk (like Salvatore do) ?

Thanks for any help,

François.