Re: KEEP THE PERSISTENCE

To: lvs-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: KEEP THE PERSISTENCE
From: Alan Murrell <silkbc@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 26 Nov 2003 10:27:53 -0500 (EST)
Hi iolanda,

What you may wish to do is use keepalived.  I
installed it about a month ago, and could not be
happier: it takes care of setting up the ipvs tables,
does a check on each server and removes those that do
not respond, and automatically adds them back in when
they do come back up.

In my case, I am doing TCP-based port checks (80, 443,
110, 25).  One of these servers has all four ports
open, but the web and mail are on two different VIPs;
the neat thing is that if I shut down Apache on it,
the server gets removed from the web group (because of
the failed TCP checks on 80 and 443), but stays in the
mail group, because 25 and 110 are still responding.

I hope this helps.

Alan