Default GW on director (lvs-dr)

To: lvs-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Default GW on director (lvs-dr)
From: Simon Young <simon-lvs@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 19 Dec 2003 17:17:04 +0000
Hi all,

I'm setting up an LVS on a private network, for internal use only
(lvs-dr, one interface on director and realservers, all servers and
clients on the same network). I was initially using the configure script
to set this up, but decided I'd like to set it up by hand, following the
instructions here:

 http://www.austintek.com/LVS/LVS-HOWTO/mini-HOWTO/#lvs_dr_by_hand

Now I notice that this script doesn't set up a default gateway for the
director. The thing is, the director needs access to the Internet for
OS updates and the like. To do this, it needs to have a default gateway.

So my question is: Is there any harm in setting up a default gateway on
the director using lvs-dr?

Thanks,

Simon.