Re: fwmarks usage

Subject: Re: fwmarks usage
From: Joseph Mack <mack.joseph@xxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 30 Dec 2003 11:35:17 -0500
Francois JEANMOUGIN wrote:

> > > virtual_server [RIP masked here] fwmark 1 {
> >                  ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
> > what does this mean?
> >
> > > virtual_server [VIP really masked, for sure] 80 {
> >                  ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

> So, you have to put you're real, colon separated, Virtual IP at this place.
> Anyway, have a look at the keepalived documentation (the pdf one), It gives
> pretty good examples on how to write your LVS config in it.

your example is a little different since it has the fwmark in it.
So instead of a port number you have "fwmark 1", which is a string
that is sent to ipvsadm?

> P.S.: Is it me or my fùcking outlook do not wrap lines ?

your lines are not wrapped.

SAIC, Supporting the EPA Research Triangle Park, NC 919-541-0007
Federal Contact - John B. Smith 919-541-1087 - smith.johnb@xxxxxxx