Re: LVS-DR problem, getting me not enough sleep ;)

Subject: Re: LVS-DR problem, getting me not enough sleep ;)
From: Joseph Mack <mack.joseph@xxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 30 Mar 2004 08:41:27 -0500
Sebastiaan Veldhuisen wrote:

> Euhhhmm....copy paste error. Never mind that :D
> The RS has the same default gateway as the director: 132.229.42.129

This is not on your original diagram. I assume it's some router between
the director and the client.

> I just found out that if  i telnet from another machine in the 42
> network to the VIP on port 443 it works!

does ActiveConn increment in the output of ipvsadm, ie are you going
through the director?

> So when the client is outside the  42 network somethings goes wrong. Any
> idea?

start looking for silly things, like routing

SAIC, Supporting the EPA Research Triangle Park, NC 919-541-0007
Federal Contact - John B. Smith 919-541-1087 - smith.johnb@xxxxxxx