Re: LVS-DR problem, getting me not enough sleep ;)

Subject: Re: LVS-DR problem, getting me not enough sleep ;)
From: Sebastiaan Veldhuisen <seppo@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 30 Mar 2004 15:46:59 +0200
Joseph Mack wrote:

Sebastiaan Veldhuisen wrote:

Euhhhmm....copy paste error. Never mind that :D
The RS has the same default gateway as the director: 132.229.42.129

This is not on your original diagram. I assume it's some router between
the director and the client.

It is, sorry for not being clear in that.

I just found out that if  i telnet from another machine in the 42
network to the VIP on port 443 it works!

does ActiveConn increment in the output of ipvsadm, ie are you going
through the director?
Yes, the active connection increments, so i'm going through the director :)

So when the client is outside the  42 network somethings goes wrong. Any
idea?

start looking for silly things, like routing

Humpff, i'm not an expert on routing. I'm a Middleware Developer. Let's see if I can get a grab on one

Thanks for so far

greetings,

Sebastiaan