Re:

Subject: Re:
From: Neil Prockter <prockter@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 30 Mar 2004 19:54:23 +0100
yep I do this with lvs and with cisco css units

Joseph Mack wrote:
Neil Prockter wrote:

p.s.

you don't HAVE to have the nat set as the default gw you can avoid it if
you wish buy setting up

echo 80 lvs >> /etc/iproute2/rt_tables
ip route add default <lvs gw address> table lvs
ip rule add from <RIP address as known by lvs> table lvs

this says any traffic from the address the lvs woudl send to goes back
that way

so you're saying that the although the return traffic has to go through
the director, the director doesn't have to be the default gw for the
realservers?

Sounds reasonable. You've checked it?

All the documentation for LVS-NAT was written years ago and I've not looked
at this part of it again.

Joe

real server interface on the director, that will guarantee all traffic will
come back through the director.  By default, the path to the clients on the
real servers would not be through the director but it needs to be, so
SNAT'ing would allow/force that.
randy

I'm not sure why you're doing this, when there is a method in place for handling
it already. Are you asking a question or telling us you have something working
that
we ought to know about?