RE: [Keepalived-devel] antefacto 2.6 linux patch necessary?

To: "'jcouzens@xxxxxxxxxxxxx'" <jcouzens@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, keepalived-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, <lvs-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: RE: [Keepalived-devel] antefacto 2.6 linux patch necessary?
From: Peter Mueller <pmueller@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 7 Apr 2004 10:35:56 -0700
> I'm trying to figure out what precise functionality this
> antefacto patch
> affords, and if its necessary when using Linux kernel 2.6 (2.6.4 in my
> case).  I'm trying to follow the HOWTO found here:

This thread will be interesting to you..
http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=linux-virtual-server&m=106216529013985&w=2
especially
http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=linux-virtual-server&m=106257440107168&w=2

BTW, the latest version is from Julian's site,
http://www.ssi.bg/~ja/nfct/

Regarding 2.6, I'm afraid I can't help you there.  I don't think there is a
2.6 patch yet.  Besides, are you sure you want to use 2.6 in production with
its version so small?

http://www.lvwnet.com/vince/linux/Keepalived-LVS-NAT-Director-ProxyArp-Firew
all-HOWTO.html

You don't say what kind of throughput or security policy you need.

Cheers,