Re: Persistance and LVS

Subject: Re: Persistance and LVS
From: Joseph Mack <mack.joseph@xxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 29 Apr 2004 16:12:38 -0400
Peter Mueller wrote:

> Also for network:
>
> Since you are doing NAT,

if you're doing LVS-NAT then you have a smaller limit for
ports, since all ports are coming from the director.

when NAT'ing you only have ports 61000-65xxx, ie 4000 ports to
choose from.

Julian,

        Do the (small) number of ports limit LVS-NAT? If the
LVS has 40,000connections/hr, with 1hr persistence, can the
LVS-NAT director hold 40000 connections once (for discussion,
let's say these are all to different IPs, ie 40,000 IPs).

Joe

> PS - has anyone seen Ratz around?

I believe he's busy. I haven't heard from him for a while.

SAIC, Supporting the EPA Research Triangle Park, NC 919-541-0007
Federal Contact - John B. Smith 919-541-1087 - smith.johnb@xxxxxxx