Re: Upload performance in LVS?

Subject: Re: Upload performance in LVS?
From: Joseph Mack <mack.joseph@xxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 06 May 2004 12:30:22 -0400
¹Ú±Ù¿µ wrote:

> Dear,
>
> I want to construct samba server using LVS.
>
> For test, I made it with one director and one real server. I choosed
> direct-routing connection and round-robin scheduling.
>
> I used iozone for benchmark, and it showed that the throughput of upload is
> only the half of the throughput of download. I guess the reason is that all
> data to be uploaded have to pass through director, while data are transferred
> from real server to client directly when they are downloaded.

please turn line-wrap on. Your paragraphs are all on one line

read the section in the HOWTO on performance. The packets flow from client to
director
to realserver to client. If you have data in the packets from the client to the
director
then you call it upload and if the packets from the realserver to the client
have data
you call it download. However the number of packets making the round trip
doesn't change.
The only difference is whether the packets are carrying ACKs or data.

If the payload in the up and down direction is different, then you will see a
different
rate in delivered bits/sec. If the payload/packet is the same, then I expect
you'll
see the same throughput in bits/sec for both directions

SAIC, Supporting the EPA Research Triangle Park, NC 919-541-0007
Federal Contact - John B. Smith 919-541-1087 - smith.johnb@xxxxxxx