LVS and dynamic routing

To: lvs-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: LVS and dynamic routing
From: Patrick LeBoutillier <patl@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 17 May 2004 17:06:41 -0400
Hi all,

We have a production environment that has parallel networks. Each machine
has 2 network cards and runs gated. Services listen on an address on the
loopback and gated makes them available (I'm not too sure how gated and/or
dynamic routing works...)

I have to set up a cluster of two such machines (both will be directors and
also realservers).

My question is: if heartbeat starts and brings up the alias on eth0 and then
the network eth0 is connected to fails, will the director still be able to
deal with the packets even if they start coming in from eth1?

If not, what kind of configuration should I be using?

Thanks a lot,

Patrick

--
Patrick LeBoutillier