Re: problem moving LVS NAT cluster to iptables - solved?

Subject: Re: problem moving LVS NAT cluster to iptables - solved?
From: Joseph Mack <mack.joseph@xxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 18 May 2004 06:40:42 -0400
Alois Treindl wrote:

Hi Alois,
        Nice to hear from you again. Why did you go break your working
2.2 setup :-)

> I have found both on the web and in the LVS howto very little explicit
> information how to set up LVS NAT with packet filtering under iptables;
> most information refers to the older ipchains filtering.

With 2.4 you don't have to write any iptables rules for the basic LVS-NAT
functionality (setting up the masquerading and the de-masquerading). With
2.2 you had to set up the masquerading direction.

SAIC, Supporting the EPA Research Triangle Park, NC 919-541-0007
Federal Contact - John B. Smith 919-541-1087 - smith.johnb@xxxxxxx